Monday, May 4, 2015

Kevin Baynham P2 Final

In this project we were asked to listen to the legendary jazz musical Charlie Parker. From there we were to translate the moods and feelings that his "bebop" music evokes to a museum space. All of the sounds he created were stimulating, resonant, and energetic. I wanted to show the liveliness of bebop music so I chose to make bold color strokes on the inside and use no color on the outside. I chose to do this because when I hear the word jazz I think of calm tempo music, but Charlie Parker's style is much more vibrant, which is the reasoning for color on the inside of the space. To help accompany the space, I created a 7x7 print booklet that helped viewers learn more about the life and history of Charlie Parker.

SPATIAL PHOTOGRAPHS









SPATIAL DRAWINGS





PRINT PHOTOS




LARGE SCALE GRAPHICS



No comments:

Post a Comment